Summertime is the perfect time to relax and enjoy the weather. However, when your air conditioner stops working, it can quickly turn into a summer nightmare. If you’re caught in an air conditioner repair emergency in Greenville, SC, don’t panic! We’ll show you how to fix it fast. Keep reading for our tips on what to do when your air conditioner breaks down.
- Check the power. The first thing you should do when your AC stops working is to check the power. Make sure that your unit is plugged in and that the breaker hasn’t been tripped.
- Clean the coils. Dirty coils are one of the most common reasons for AC problems. Over time, dust and debris can build up on the coils, preventing them from doing their job properly. If your coils are dirty, clean them with a brush or vacuum attachment.
- Replace the filter. A clogged filter can also cause your AC to stop working properly. If your filter is dirty, replace it with a new one.
- Check the thermostat. If your AC isn’t turning on, the problem may be with the thermostat. First, check to see if the batteries are dead. If they are, replace them. Then, make sure that the thermostat is set to “cool” and that the temperature is set lower than the current room temperature.
- Call a professional. If you’ve tried all of these tips and your AC still isn’t working, it’s time to call a professional. A trained technician will be able to diagnose and fix the problem quickly, so you can get back to enjoying your summer. If you have an old unit, you need to inquire about AC unit replacement cost in Greenville, SC.
So there you have it! These are some tips on what to do when your air conditioner breaks down in an emergency situation. If you follow these steps, you should be able to get your AC up and running again in no time. However, if the problem persists, don’t hesitate to call a professional for help.
Need AC or mini-split installation near me? Get in touch with Ace Plumbing, Electric, Heating & Air. We’re your one-stop shop for all your AC needs! Call us today at 864-210-4002 to schedule a consultation.